CamoTruck.Net

camoextreme monster truck

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   Gallery 2Gallery 2 

Photo Gallery     Forum Index     T-Shirts

The camo pattern was laid out in Photoshop prior to shooting paint.  I have not washed the truck (nor had to) since painting it.

Headliner Material?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CamoTruck.Net Forum Index -> Camo Covering: Decals, Vinyl, Cloth ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExpeditionXJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Headliner Material? Reply with quote

Hello Guys, new here.

I recently started accesorizing my Jeep Cherokee with camo accents. I had a nice set of camo seat covers made, have a few other interior items also.

I bought some material on ebay thinking i'd use it for redoing my headliner. Looking closely i think it may be too thin a material and will allow glue to bleed through if i dont apply it at just the right time.

Anyone aware of a company that sells headliner material in a Mossy Oak,Hardwoods etc type of pattern?

Here's a link to the covers i had made through www.seatcovers.net (i'm not affiliated) to give you an idea of the pattern i'd like to closely match.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/ExpeditionXJ/HPIM1960.jpg

Plan is to eventually paint the Jeep a flat OD and use an Mossy Oak type of accent along the lower 6" or so of the body. I think it'll look good when done.

Thanks,
John
rollins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some camo cloth from a local store. It was not very thick, but it was a solid cotton cloth. I used some 3M General Trim Adhesive spray to glue the cloth to the headliner. It has held up for over a year.

With this adhesive, you spray the liner and the cloth. Let them set for a minute, then press them together. You must make sure that there are no wrinkles as you make contact. You have one shot to get it right.

Here is a photo of the liner in my truck:
http://www.camotruck.net/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=531
ExpeditionXJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great! Exclamation

I have done a few headliners, my concern is "pressing" it as you state with the glue not tacky or dry enough that in turn will allow glue to bleed through. Like you said...one shot.

Just took the fabric out of it's package, i'll give it a shot. I'm only out about $15 if it doesnt work. It's Realtree Hardwoods pattern which matches my seats pretty well.
big sky trapper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out www.garysuphoslrty.com google it if i mispelled it he should be in there. been buying my materials from them for several years has really great stuff that will out last the craft store a 100 to 1

howie
ExpeditionXJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.garysupholstery.com

Thanks Howie! I wasnt able to find a fabric camo material there and the Realtree vinyl link on his site is dead. I'll try emailing him.
rollins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link: http://www.garysupholstery.com/camouflage.html
ExpeditionXJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rollins.

I dont think i need vinyl, and i'm concerned about the weight of the fabric vs adhesion. Not to mention it's expensive.

the search continues for the right fabric. Laughing
ExpeditionXJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to installing the headliner. I'm happy with how it turned out. Jeep will be getting an OD paint job next.

And the seatcovers i had done by www.seatcovers.net, after several attempts at a good fit i ended up buying and shipping a seat for them to use for their template.

AZredneck1862

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you definetly have to camo your center console it sticks out like a sore thumb

I'll go anywhere if it means mud
Chevin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhmm..i love the camo covering as a headliner. It let me feel like im in the forest. Im looking forward to customize my truck like yours. Where did you get those?

Last edited by Chevin on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
emery5150

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: walmart man Reply with quote

i bought the mossy oak fabric from walmart. i also bought a cam of super 77 spray adhesive. took the headliner in my s10 out and vacuumed it well and then cut the fabric to go 5" over the edge of the headliner. then you spray both the headliner and the fabric with the super 77 and apply it but then use a cd case or something to take out the wrinkles. then when that dries flip it over and cut a slit in the corners and use the super 77 and fold them over. that works really well. because the fabric is not too thin[/u]
Chevin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been looking for a new car parts and i was thinking if the suv camo parts is fit with car whatever the make is? any response please. thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CamoTruck.Net Forum Index -> Camo Covering: Decals, Vinyl, Cloth ... All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: